Friday, November 23, 2007

Brief political interlude: How Should One Vote?

What a good tool. GetUp have revived my hope in hope. That, and the fact that my father, who I would certainly vote for if I could, is volunteering for the Greens. That revives my hope in hope too, people I trust doing things that they believe will help others. I like idealism. I wish there were more idealists active out there.

I am also digging the Colbert Report. Truthiness for all!

And making lots of things. Just wait! They're so good, my new things I've made/I'm making.

2 comments:

teigan said...

Yay, yay, frikken YAY

Your association of idealism with the sphere of conventional politics remains a point of difference

But hooray for idealism

Hooray for the Libs getting decimated, which I think it's now safe to say they surely will

And for making things!!

Life. Is. Good.

teigan said...

Good things, most especially.

I think I'm supposed to be at work right now. My records indicate that I'm working from 4:30-8:30pm today.

But those shifts don't generally exist on Saturdays. So it's probably a mistake and I'm probably on now.

I'm going to post a picture of the absinthe I drank too much of last night to my blog, then go buy cigarettes and panadol, and vote.

Then I will go to work. If I'm on I will be hours late.

I do not care very much.