Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Taking a stance (albeit small)

I am not ever again going to comment on Julia Gillard's hair or clothing. Even if I think she looks nice. If I think her new 'do is unfortunate I will not mention it. If I think she's looking better and better every day, I will not mention it. It is the least I can do. Yes, I know; the very least. When I notice how she looks I will notice myself noticing.

Coming up in September: Life Summit (unrelated).

*stand. not stance. Stand. I could just correct this in the title, but for some reason it seems dishonest.

1 comment:

teigan said...

I'd be inclined to call this throwing the baby out with the bathwater if I didn't so totally agree

The amount of attention being given to her presentational qualities both by the meeja and on the ground is so much greater than it would be if she were male it would be comical, if it wasn't so fucked