Wednesday, November 10, 2010

In the interests of maintaining some kind of content

Sauce

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In cooking, a sauce is liquid or sometimes semi-solid food served on or used in preparing other foods. Sauces are not normally consumed by themselves; they add flavor, moisture, and visual appeal to another dish.

/quote

That is, sauces and juices are not the same thing.

Um, I guess I'm back. Prepare for the worst.

Wait, maybe that was it already. What a relief. Now the only way is up.

1 comment:

MW said...

I am surprised that I argued they were the same thing. They're not. Strange, I'm usually the pedant.

Having said that, I think it's dubious to use an internet source as evidence. For example, from thesaurus.com:

Main Entry: juice

Definition: liquid squeezed from fruit, plant

Synonyms: abstract, alcohol, aqua vitae, distillation, drink, essence, extract, fluid, liquor, milk, nectar, oil, sap, sauce, secretion, serum, spirit, syrup, water