Tuesday, October 24, 2006

becarse yr a luddie

For the worst Scottish accents ever recorded on film, see 'Brigadoon' with Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse. But don't go watching it for any other kind of entertainment value. There's not enough dancing to make it bearable. It doesn't even have one great memorable song or dance or scene.

You'll thank me.

Spend that time reading The Slave by Isaac Bashevis Singer. Or Middlesex, that's even better. And less depressing! I am going to read Swann's Way next.

No, really. I am. I'm staring on the bus tomorrow. I figure it will make the time pass more slowly, thus delaying my arrival at the office.

Call me [insert square here] if you want.

(...is my square magic working?)

5 comments:

Mishuki said...

So many responsage possibilities on this one, I'm paralysed

So the answer is yes, I guess

>You'll thank me.

For not watching it for anything except the worst Scottish accents ever recorded on film? Hell, I'll thank you now

Books! Who has time to read books these days? Aren't they being phased out?

Hamish said...

My Scottish accent sucks and I'm actually Scottish. I have to concentrate on Desmond from Lost if I want to do it right.

wortwut said...

Oy vey.

Or should it be och, aye. Neither would probably be best.

But as it's my own blog ...

I got through one page of Swann's Way, btw. Might try again in ten years or so.

teigan said...

That good, hey?

Read Cosmic Trigger vol 1 by Robert Anton Wilson.

I am telling everyone to read it at the moment. Because, like, it's really good. Also, he needs the cash.

wortwut said...

Hamish, if you came to Australia people would think you're Irish. It's true. Some people anyway. They just think 'sort of english but not'.

Teigan, I just couldn't handle the pace. I think when I'm a bit older I might feel more in tune with the slowness (man). or perhaps I'm procrastinating, who can tell?