Monday, October 02, 2006

What I have fimoed

Do you ever get those reality checks about what the hell you're doing when you're making things? Frinstance today. I'm making a piece of paper out of fimo, with little blue lines, y'know, like on an A4 pad, just so I can photograph it and print it onto paper so it will look like a real piece of paper only wonky and wrong.

It's a bit strange when you think about it.

I have this routine when I'm doing really manual art projects of putting on the tv or dvds to half watch/listen to while I work (some would do that with music but I haven't got anything I want to hear). Today I watched/listened to season 2 of Absolutely Fabulous, Down and Out in Beverly Hills and Lenny. I really like that young Dustin Hoffman. Sometimes, with my head down among the fimo, I really thought I was listening to Lenny Bruce.

Bleak, though. Hence the 'why am I making craft about office supplies' reality check. Poor old Lenny.

3 comments:

Hamish said...

Hamish --
[noun]:

A dance involving little to no clothing


...Awesome!!

teigan said...

I have nothing to say, except that this was a great post

wortwut said...

I like your 'at least one comment' policy, Teigs. It is very welcome and doesn't feel in the least bit like charity.