Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Upgrade

Hey! We're not out of beta yet, so thanks for your patience; here are some of the changes you can expect to see coming up.

-- Job quitted. This will take effect in a couple of months. We sure do appreciate your standing by.
-- Positive influence on life of new computer. Just got a few teething problems to sort out. Rosetta whosa? Intel whatza?
-- Implementation of New Year's resolution* (made in December). Stats on progess so far are as follows: three applications written, two deadlines missed, two applications successful (jury still out on number 3). Looks like I should start applying for something bigger!! (My head?)
-- International rock climbing championship in bag. Workin on it. However, my new climbing shoes are not foot-bindingly tight enough. I can wiggle my toes slightly in them. This could slow my climbing career down. Also not anorexic.
-- New entry in Macquarie Dictionary for past tense verbs; "quitted". Stop the presses! Influence of blogs on modern English etc etc.
-- Interstate travel! Berlin, Hill End, Berlin, Hill End [insert 'weighing' hand gestures here). I know where I'D rather go!!
-- Studio. Am gettin one. A good one. Cheap. In which to make MASTERPIECES. Quibblers refer point number three.
-- Ennobling poverty scheduled for initial implementation around end of April.
-- Love. Room for that in maybe ... early 2008? Apologies for the inconvenience.
-- There's some other stuff. Art etc. Fine print. Supplement to the terms and conditions on its way in the post. If I have your address. And you registered for updates.

Everything I said to everyone about 2007 is true, so far. I'm not even scared of jinxing it. I'm practically like Mystical Medusarer! (Vague Wortwut? Not to self; get better thesaurus. Also new dictionary.) Some of these changes might appear to be subtle, but we insiders know that there is a paradigm shift a-sailing in the open seas.

I so don't know ANYTHING about blogging. La di da.

*Resolution was: apply for everything. Yep, there's pretty much NO reference to absinthe parties in this post.

12 comments:

hester said...

not sure if the criteria for this one fits yer work, but here's some potential fodder for the ole NYR.


(btw, have you seen Me and You and Everyone We Know? tis pretty damn good.)

teigan said...

OMFG. You're doing great!

Happy loveless 2007!

Some of these changes might appear to be subtle, but we insiders know that there is a paradigm shift a-sailing in the open seas.

I so don't know ANYTHING about blogging. La di da.


I find you enigmatically fascinating, and would like to register for updates.

teigan said...

Comment moderation? WTF?

I am intrigued and would like to know more.

wortwut said...

Update: comment moderation, like, OFF already.

Commenters are my friends! (tone clarification: appreciative, desperate, spontaneous, authentic)

wortwut said...

hey lady j - thanks for the now art linkup! unfortunately I don't think I would qualify. There's no activist element to my work really at all. But I'm touched! :) Thanks

Re you me and everyone we know (great title!), yep, seen it, I did like it although I had some criticisms (natch). I like the curators' visit to the artist's studio, you know, they think his trash is art but it's just his trash ... I think I just realised where I got an idea from ... stay tuned for a picture ...

boy ... it's late ...

teigan said...

I had a flyer for that on the cupboard door for ages reminding me to see it.. but i never did. Story of my life, sigh.. *hangs head* .. *kicks pebble*

*JOLTS AWAKE* NO! NO! That is *not* the story of my life. No it isn't. *scrabbles around* Where did I leave my affirmations? Man, everything is such a mess..

*JOLTS AWAKE* NO! NO! Everything is perfect exactly as it is. Yes, it is. Yes, it is. Yes, it is.

wortwut said...

I have freedom and financial independence.

teigan said...

I have the first, but then so does everybody. Sartre said it was a curse. He had a point.

Financial independence? What does that mean, exactly? You live without money? That would be awesome.

wortwut said...

The idea is that some form of earning/having money comes without having to make the huge sacrifice of time/freedom normally needed to generate such financial plenitude.

Just by wanting it enough!!

Apparently it's that easy.

hester said...

Hello again. I'm such a delinquent commenter. How long has it been? Too long, too long.

Today is Big To-Do list clearing, see. And "comment @ Emma's" was only two items below "write to mom." You even came before "catch up on zillions of emails owed to T."

So yeah -- I figured that grant thingie might be a stretch. I don't actually know any artists who would identify anything overtly activist about their work, and in some ways I think art ceases to be art and starts to become something else once it's made with that kind of conscious intent.

But that ... that's a whole other thread of conversation, perhaps best saved for several rounds of pints some time this fall. Or we can skip the art-wanky talk and just concentrate on the beers.

Teigan, as the most Melbourne-knowledgeable amongst us, venue selection falls to you.

Acceptable?

wortwut said...

Oh, J, you can comment here any time! There's no such thing as 'late' commenting when there is no expectation of comments. Here, every comment is a gift. It's the low expectations optimism paradox.

Anyway. Beers, etc! I'm so into that.

When is fall, exactly? I mean, like, my place or yours (I'm speaking of the seasons?). September? May?

*Further art-related comments deleted despite love of art-wankerage due to lack of beers*

hester said...

Heh! I always do that, as T will attest.

Silly backwards American.


Spring!


Beers and art-wankage in the spring!