Sunday, February 04, 2007

Dream 31/12/2006

I went to see the Blake Prize for Religious Art exhibition. There were about 150 works on show. Adrian Hobbs had made a kind of karaoke video with Chris Hanrahan and other artists lipsynching to a Christmas song. The production values were unbelievably high but all the singing was out of synch. I realised that most artworks could be seen as having spiritual or religious content and began planning my own entry for next year; a large-scale cartoony Breughel-esque (Paul Noble-y in scale) drawing of bricks dressed as people undertaking their everyday activities in a series of fenced, conjoined circular areas about the size of above-ground swimming pools. The brick-people would have faces, arms and legs, and would be doing things that happen in the lives of ordinary suburban people. Two would be getting married; a teenage one would be cutting herself; stuff like that.

2 comments:

teigan said...

I have nothing good to say, but I'm pleased you've updated.

wortwut said...

I'm pleased you're pleased.

Does this count as another update?