Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Distracting

I've been trying to work and listen to Radio National at the same time. It doesn't work. I can't concentrate. It works when I'm just making things with my hands, but not when I am reading/writing/working on the computer.

So I need to listen to music instead. But everything distracts me. What could I listen to that wouldn't distract me but that would energise me to work reading/writing/on the computer? No lyrics might be good. Or not English language. Not too wishy washy or la di la. Or too angry or oppressive.

I can tell you now, Jens Lekman doesn't work. He's totally annoying me.

So I don't want to take any more chances. Just need a sure thing.

... OK?

3 comments:

teigan said...

I am trying to chase up some early recordings of M2M singing in Norweigan. I'll let you know.

A Work In Progress said...

I cannot decide, even after months of listening to him, whether I love or fucking despise Jens Lekman. It is tres Bizarre.

wortwut said...

He's far too la di da for me. I wouldn't say fucking despise, but I have deleted him from me iTunes.

I found some T-Rex and some Erik Satie that did nicely, for the record.