Saturday, September 30, 2006

I don't ask for much

I haven't made a list like this since I was about 15 but I think it might as well be done.

Ideal partner: qualities #1-??

Sense of humour I get; gets mine (makes me laugh)
Attractive
Supportive; enlightened
Independent; not clingy, but loving and affectionate
Generous and not petty
Clever (intersted in things)
Good vocabulary
Reads, watches films, can discuss art if pressed not because has art education but because is able to form opinions on things witnessed or experienced
Emotionally available
Good social skills
Calm but not boring (clear perspective on big picture items; chilled out)
Practical/together (can deal with paying rent/saving for holiday etc)
Within about 3 years of my own age (somewhat negotiable)
Moderately healthy (n/smoker a must)
Manageable dark side (not a sap, nor a card-carrying cynic)
Can argue without taking offense; able to challenge me
Likes dancing
Snappy dresser (ok this is getting silly)


Surely that's not too difficult?

6 comments:

Mishuki said...

I didn't realise anyone over the age of 15 actually thought this way

:P

wortwut said...

I am falling into my sister's affirmation-centred benevolent magical thinking cult. you know, step one, work out what want, step two, go out and get (girl). can't do step two without step one, nuh-uh. It's also about reminding me of the qualities not present in recent failed relationship in order to stop rose-coloured view of said relationship ... I know this scrap of bloggage is a lil bit boy-angst focused but if I can't be boy-angst focused online I don't know where I can be.

wortwut said...

I'm not sensitive about it though!!

Really. Ahem.

teigan said...

>step one, work out what want
>step two, go out and get (girl).

I can confirm that this is a sound formula, and the essence of results-oriented magick

Torn on this one - the hard, cynical side of me sees the value of this approach; can't deny it

But a girlier part of me thinks other people are quite different to normal objects / possessions and as such finds this kind of ideal-partner-laundry-list stuff either very childish or very cold, I can't decide which

teigan said...

If I could be excused for just having a quick snark at women

This seems to me a very female approach

Coz when it comes to relationships, in my experience both witnessed and direct, women are very very focussed on partners as a type of possession

They want to pwn joo

So it makes sense to lay down purchasing criteria in advance

wortwut said...

I've considered it and, no, you can't be excused. But I will rise above it. [holds back heartbreak-fuelled anti-male rant along lines of **rant deleted here**]