Thursday, November 30, 2006

I don't know any more

Today has been pretty durn average.

How do you type the sound of a deep sigh with the air forced through the lips to make a kind of horsey exhaling sound? You know, like, audible resignation?

Next time I'm feeling GREAT I will force myself to blog, just for a bit of balance.

Good things:
* The place I'm staying at in Brisbane has a swimming pool and my work is paying. I will get to go to art openings as well as exhibitions while the office foots the accom/tansport tabs. This is a pretty good deal.
* I am out of debt. Long time coming. Soon as the tax bucks arrive I'll even be (gasp -) ahead.
* Christmas is coming and I will be going; to Thailand with my sister to drink cocktails and lie on the beach reading or drawing or staring snoozily into the middle distance (reputedly Margaret Thatcher's special skill, the staring bit I mean.)
* I am not Margaret Thatcher. The shame would be terrible.

I've run out. Note to self; collect list of good things to post on blog. I can do better than this, surely.

Average, average, average.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am out of debt. Long time coming.

oh man, congratulations. that's such a great feeling.

(a looooong time before i'm gonna see the light at the end of that tunnel)



and, uh, hello!


:)

teigan said...

It's nice when your girlfriend and your most-pined-for ex can be friends! I heart the intermanet.

>How do you type the sound of a deep sigh with the air
>forced through the lips to make a kind of horsey
>exhaling sound? You know, like, audible resignation?

Like that. You could just go *bRHrBrhrHhHbr /sigh*; that's more efficient. But less evocative.

>I will get to go to art openings as well as exhibitions
>while the office foots the accom/tansport tabs. This is
>a pretty good deal.

Sweet. Will expect a report. With pictures, please.

>I am out of debt. Long time coming. Soon as the tax
>bucks arrive I'll even be (gasp -) ahead.

I have never had the pleasure of this feeling, since I have never ever been in debt (not seriously, anyway - and being in debt to one's parents doesn't really count)

>(reputedly Margaret Thatcher's special skill, the staring
>bit I mean.)

That may have had to do with her famous habit of only sleeping, like, four hours a night. Or maybe she was secretly a scientologist. Hmm.

>I am not Margaret Thatcher. The shame would be
>terrible.

Noted. Although, you know, just as a pool of foetid toxic slime has no shame about being a foetid pool of toxic slime...

wortwut said...

>oh man, congratulations. that's such a >great feeling.
>
>(a looooong time before i'm gonna see >the light at the end of that tunnel)

I'm not counting HECS (student loans). Debts you expect never to pay off don't really couny.

>and, uh, hello!

Right back atcha :) *denoting actually smiling in person in this instance rather than simple clarification of tone*

wortwut said...

Count, I mean. Not couny. That's like a corny count. Or a district in the Hebrides, or something. I meant count.