Wednesday, December 13, 2006

attention to detail

I was supposed to have an early night but I'm just so damn alert! What up?

I have the strongest urge to make stuff or do my website or write applications for things I want and could maybe get or start a band or find a studio or ... that's about it actually. But I promised myself an early night! Something has to give, lifestyle-wise. I need to develop some discipline. Make sacrifices, what! Rome seems like it's never going to get built.

I need to work out a good project that someone in the Northern Territory could support me to do. I don't have any Northern Territory-centric ideas. I want to do a residency at the National Library. That would be so great. They don't exist. Maybe I could get them to create one just for me. I've heard they have little boxes that shoop the books around, like those little train things you imagine they have in coalmines.

I went to Brisbane and it was really good. I like Michael Parekowhai. He make good things um.

Words of more than two syllables in this post that aren't proper nouns:
applications
studio
actually
develop
discipline
sacrifices
residency
national
library
syllables

You know that feeling when you get excited and you go and buy, like, notebooks and sharp pencils or a kayak or whatever, like, purchases that signal your intention to undertake a particular activity? Instead of doing the thing itself you go and buy something that flags your 'productive' feeling? Well, if the shops were open that's what I'd be doing. Instead I'm doing this.

So, in answer to your email, reader, I draw the line at MySpace. Life is Too Short. la di da.

4 comments:

teigan said...

Start a band! Start a band! I will help you if you like. Having a band is great! It rawks, even.

>So, in answer to your email, reader, I draw the line at
>MySpace. Life is Too Short. la di da.

Life is too short to get mail from Els? Surely you jest.

>You know that feeling when you get excited and you
>go and buy, like, notebooks and sharp pencils or a
>kayak or whatever, like, purchases that signal your
>intention to undertake a particular activity?

Yeah, i used to do that all the time

Then i realised life is too short

teigan said...

>So, in answer to your email, reader, I draw the line at
>MySpace. Life is Too Short. la di da.

Your new reader that I have gotten you - don't say i never do anything for yer! - will back you up on this one though, *sigh*

hester said...

Your new reader that I have gotten you - don't say i never do anything for yer! - will back you up on this one though, *sigh*

damn straight, heh.


myspace,

blarg.


but In The Mood To Start New Projects: :)

wortwut said...

as a belated confession that no-one will see probably which is why I make it here, I am, in fact, on myspace now. I've been found there by Real People, even though I have no profile. Making up a profile sucks.