Friday, March 09, 2007

A man falls into a hole ...

I've been hanging out with a bunch of new friends lately. We've been spending SO MUCH time together. It's starting to take over my life! They're a great bunch, super-smart, motivated, committed, witty ... I have to be pretty alert to stay on top of the repartee (I know ... me!). They make me feel smart too. But they're all (to a one) TOTAL workaholics, so it's kind of predictable when I see them that it's all going to be about them and their jobs. Or their hopeless love-lives that never go anywhere. Sometimes it's a bit much and I have to take a break. But I always come back for more. And they're all there for me.

I know that the relationship can't last forever, it's too intense. I'd say I'm about ... seven twelfths through the friendship. I suppose you can't put an end point on these things, though. But you know, sometimes they drag out a bit long and the quality suffers, and you realise you've outgrown it.

But you know? Those days I don't see them, I miss 'em. I wonder what CJ and Josh and Donna are all up to. I'm sure they don't miss me. But I love them anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know them! Evidently not as well as you. Find them a hard to keep up with, truth be told. Bit slow, me. But their repartee is of a high standard.

So, are you funny and surreal or deluded and sad? Quickly! *claps hands in hurrying fashion*

teigan said...

Is the post title a cry for help? I've been addicted to many things in my time, but thankfully tv has never really been one of them..

wortwut said...

No no, the post title is just something Leo said to me once *shakes head nostalgically*