Sunday, June 03, 2007

Long-awaited residency post

So I've just been on this artist residency? They give you a huge studio (and apartment) in the country, full of light and 20 minutes drive on a windy dirt road to the nearest crap town to encourage you to do lots of work.

When I arrived I was all 'what am I going to do with all this space?'


As much fun as it was skipping around while listening to loud music, I did feel that I should do some work. And much as I love naycha, I don't really wanna make art about this:

So I did some things like this:

this,

um, and this,

you know, and some other stuff ... some videos ... can't post 'em, they're not finished.

I felt like I got a lot done but now when I think about it I'm not so sure ...

Anyway. A month in the country is pretty good. Sorry this post is so anticlimactic but at least now we can all get on with our lives.

4 comments:

teigan said...

omfg

i want your job

teigan said...

so bad

teigan said...

and better social skills

and, fuck it, a new brain

and to be ten years younger, except with the wisdom i possess now - minus all the associated accumulated mental trauma

pls kthx

wortwut said...

it's not a job really ... it's not like I get paid ... I'm just very very committed to my hobby ... if the tax office is reading, I didn't mean that ...