Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ooh, I. Ooh, I. Ooh, I. Ooh, I (just know that something good is gonna happen)

So I decided tonight that I am, big-picture-wise, on track for my upcoming show, and that even if it's not as good as I wanted or not as much work made as I had planned, it is only to the degree that it is always like that and therefore normal.

I will still have to work my 'ass' off all week but that's OK, I'm in the zone now and it finally feels OK. Unsolved problems notwithstanding.

In other news, I saw Mitch at a party the other night and told him about the dream that starred him in the lead role. It totally freaked him out - I barely know him. Now I think he's scared of me. I am the weird inappropriate chick. I thought it was just going to be an unusually good icebreaker at the party... but I don't regret my candidness. If he can't handle starring in the dreams of random strangers ... Naw, bless 'im, e's all right.

See, nothing can taint the good mood this moment.

3 comments:

teigan said...

Yay for good moods and being in the zone etc

One day *I* will have a good mood and be in the zone again.

(Did that taint yours? No, didn't think so.)

"Hey, person I barely know! I had a dream about you."

Done just exactly right it could be a good icebreaker instead of just coming off as creepy and stalkerish, I guess.

teigan said...

ps i love that song

wortwut said...

Art world candidness is the new black. No way (to famous curator/art world personality/etc who one *obviously* recognises), "oh no, we haven't met ... what was your name? charmed, charmed"