Monday, July 17, 2006

Banal personal revelations

Today I couldn't believe how openly stupid people were being to me at work. My incredulousness was palpable ... I was all 'what are you THINKING?' 'am I the only SANE ONE here?' etc etc. It was like a twilight zone of stupid.

Then when I get home my flatmate assures me (with a conspiratorially superior air) that it's because Mercury is in retrograde, communication's all fucked! Ha!

So that cleared everything up. Just gotta sit out the waning of Mercury. Once it like, ameliorates or whatever, then everything will be DANDY.

Then we sat in front of the heater affirming our freedom and financial independence (15 minutes a day for three months, right?) before saying goodnight.

3 comments:

Mishuki said...

There's something about this particular Mercury Retro cycle - it's the worst evar!

(Actually I had never ever really even heard of them until this one.. but I'm constantly hearing about this one - and with good reason, coz it seems like everything everywhere with everyone has been crazy bananas fucked up this month)

That said, whilst writing this comment I was interrupted by a phone call spontaneously offering me an entirely legitimate job interview - which is something that's never happened to me before.

And it'll all be over soon, in any event.

wortwut said...

ooh, exciting, like, if you're into jobs, y'know

Mishuki said...

I'm into not working for C*ntrelink