Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Superficiality of art world shock

Guess what? The art world is all about surface; I don't think it's a very emotionally healthy environment.

And you know what else?? I think sincerity has totally gone out of fashion. No-one cares for earnestness any more. It's hard work to be superficially entertaining and witty on a surface level, like, all the time. Don't people get tired? I can't do that. It aint one of my special skills. But what are one's choices when candour is such old hat?

Eh?

I'm all for amusement, but not at the price of what I really think. I'd like what I really think to be the source of amusement.

... do you think this is the second beer talking? I always ask questions of my blog, as though it can answer me. 'What ho, ether? (ether?)'++

++ the second 'ether' was an echo. Did you get that? Yes, you.

(beat)

*sigh*

No comments: