Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dream 30/1/2008

I was on a journey with my parents and a friend, I can't remember who. It was on some kind of train, like a carnival ride (a ghost or love train). I realised after a while that we were going to the arctic circle on some kind of tour that was part party. My parents were excited about it. We each had a certain amount of rations including hot drinks in a thermos. I had warm clothes for the weather. We arrived in bitter cold at dusk at the base of a frozen cliff face by a frozen stream. All was white. There was a kind of protected area of rock. Our very old, gnarled but tough and strong leader began to haul up poles and stretching membranes over them to make some kind of geodesic dome for shelter. It was surprisingly warm and cosy. The atmosphere and camraderie among the travellers was very strong and positive, and there was a sense that a great adventure was being undertaken.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have good dreams and an ability to convey them well.

I have amazing dreams sometimes, but my attempts to describe them always suck all the magic out of them.

Maybe it's just a question of practice. I don't know.

So I went out (of my room) and did a bit of tokenistic tidying up in the kitchen/dining area, put the bedding from the spare bed in the warsh & made coffee.

That's enough to be getting on with for now.

I have just gotten a text from someone who left their bag behind here asking me to come and meet them at a pub in Brunswick and bring their bag back to them.

This is quite an appealing idea. But I can't go anywhere until I've cleaned up a bit more.

Life is complicated sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Fuck it, I'ma make a blog post.

Then I will have a shower.

Then I will process the rest of the garbage. Then I will sweep and mop and wipe up shit.

Then if it is not bedtime by then I will meet G and give her her bag back.

That is the plan.

Anonymous said...

In other news: I really miss Facebook!

wortwut said...

I think your plan is very strong.

I rarely miss Facebook.

I think it is a matter of practice, also of being able to go back to sleep easily after waking up. There is an argument that my life would be richer if I could wake up easily and get up and live my life instead of spending longer in the sleepy dream state.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. All I have to do now is stand up and execute it.

You don't miss Facebook because you haven't been shut out of it like the little matchgirl out on the street in the cold at christmas peering through peoples' windows forlornly. What is this "I rarely miss Facebook"?! You don't miss it coz you still got it!

There's a lot to be said for spending a lot of time in that sleepy dream state. That sleepy dream state is Where It's At, in my view.

So am really seriously gonna go have a shower now. Totally, for defs. Right now.

Right. NOW.

wortwut said...

I got it but I barely use it any more.

'Facebook? Pfft. That's so August 2007.'